220ml Cirio Tomato Paste
240ml Colavita Olive Oil
2 nos Egg
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
160g All-purpose flour
150g Chocolate chip
Basil Buttercream Icing
1 cup Milk
1 cup Fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
225g Cream cheese, softened
1 cup Butter, softened
2 cups Icing sugar
Download Our Recipe Book
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Give mixture a good mix till well combined then add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into muffin tray lined with paper cups and bake in 160°C preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool before icing it.
Method: Basil Buttercream Icing
- In a small saucepan, add the milk and chopped basil, heat up on medium heat. Once the milk starts to simmer, turn the heat to low. Let it cook for 10 minutes, stir occasionally to keep milk from burning, until mixture is reduced more than half.
- Add to a blender and puree for about 10-15 seconds. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Next, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in the basil puree. Beat until just incorporated. Slowly add in icing sugar, scrape down the sides and beat until smooth.